Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ideas are many..but Incomplete

For a few days now, in fact I would say a few months, a lot of things have come in my mind. And 'things' in my world almost always means Softwares/Applications/Technologies, anything related to computers and programming. But alas! I've never been able to concentrate/work on any of my ideas.


It has always been my dream to work in a development of an application that would be innovative, creative, that would make me think, that would make me feel satisfied, that would really expose my strengths and weakness'.But one thing that I realize is that it is not possible for me to do so in a Indian-based service-based company. Most projects that are outsourced to the Indian IT world does not need the developer to push himself. It does not ask him to think more than what he has learnt. And it does not ask him to do not more than a copy-pate.But fortunately or unfortunately(Allah knows Best) Im now employed in one of those Indian based IT cos.


But this has not stopped me from thinking on different ideas. From the day I completed my training provided at my company where Im employed, lot of thoughts and ideas have crossed my mind. From Islamic applications that could be useful for the Islamic world to applications that could appeal to the general public, there have been may ideas that have crossed my mind. At this point I would like to say that not all(maybe even none), have been truly innovative. Most applications that I've thought were based on what I was trying to learn at that point.In general, just as Im not worried about how many of them would read my posts on this blog, when ideas come to my mind im not worried on how many users would use my application, let alone have a look at it!


A few months after my training I had ideas of building a "Masjid-Finder" application, that would allow people to search mosques located on different parts(of Chennai, and later across other cities).This was actually a good idea, and is still a good idea, if only I could try implementing it! Few days back as I was attracted towards WEB 2.0, RSS Reader was one thing that I thought of building(there are many of this kind, but one simple complete application built by me would make me feel...feel...!)


I stop here.. yes,yes I know that this post is incomplete,..but that's because my ideas are also INCOMPLETE!

No comments:

Post a Comment